well lw, i am encouraged by your comment and will post more recipes even though i know your idea of cooking is punching the macdonald delivery number on your handphone!
i made a very sumptuous rocket leaf salad with crisp parma ham and string cheese, i love that i can have something so quick and delicious without much effort. The crisp parma ham has intense saltiness so better offset it with some lovely cherry tomatoes, but i just moped the excess salad dressing with my nuts mixture ( brazillian, hazelnut, almond and walnut) I feel so satiated now its the perfect way to end my day and i can forget that i got called out by the swimming pool person for swimming in the wrong direction :)
In my ideal world, I will wake up and bake cupcakes frosted with butter cream( nothing less) in the morning so that I can have them for tea later, spend my day watching food network,with my air con blasting the singapore heat away, get hungry have Parmesan crusted fillet cod for lunch, have my tea break and eat my cupcakes( this will have to be HK style red bean milk tea) and have foie gras for dinner, I will be full, but not too full to have my freshly churned green macha tea ice cream with red bean. I will also have a fully equipped kitchen to make the best food and desserts complete with a chocolate fountain and ice cream maker, where my family will happily gobble up the food that i make and ask me for more. And of course my garden will grow nice vanilla pods, Venezuelan cocoa beans ( to make the best chocolate recipes) and hens who produce fresh organic eggs everyday.
(Note: In reality I do not have a proper functioning oven and have tried to bake lemon cakes in the toaster which failed miserably, and my mom will never approve of buying frivolous kitchen appliances,so this will have to wait till I get my own money. And my family gets incredibly put off by the desserts i make, for reasons I do not understand, but I'm incredibly lucky to have great neighbors who appreciate a good chocolate brownie. )
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Posted by she sparkled at 3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hahahaha omgosh ur blog totally inspires me to cook... been too lazy to cook these days! post more recipes!
that was sarah!
hahahah. yet another great entry! punching the mac delivery hotline is indeed my guilty pleasure. LOL. My house got alot of frivolous baking appliances u should come and bake here my mother will be very pleased lol
aishwarya
oh hello sarah!! yes i will do more recipies when i am not too busy eating!
and yes lw, once i start baking at your house i'll be quite difficult to get rid of me you know!
Post a Comment