Monday, July 12, 2010

HA today is one of those full day of baking that I have always fantasized about.Woke up today to get working on my pizza dough that was left to prove overnight, and dough is super tricky to work with as my pizza dough got stuck to the pan which was super frustrating but I simply ate all the toppings off, which was a garlic and tomato puree that was left overnight which had become so much more flavoursome, tomato and italian salami, and mozzarella and some Italian version cheese like Parmesan but a more mild version. NICE
Once pizza was done began working on my Oatmeal and Raisin cookies , just the name alone dosent sound appealing but the texture of the lightly toasted oatmeal and the chewy raisin and walnuts, with light muscavado sugar is a deadly combination. I sprinkled in some sea salt just to balance out the sweetness and that slightly lingering saltiness really compliments the sweet cinammony flavour of the cookie.
Last on the list was a salmon casserole with pumkin, aubergine and salmon of course! So good that mom is going to pack it for lunch tml. Easiest to do of the whole lot I would say. After all that baking I fed my neighbors, and my family and my maid who really like my oatmeal cookies:)
Tml gona grab some cream cheese to work on my carrot walnut cake frosting, been wanting to make this cake since forever, to fatten up my mom's staff!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : dingbat font TackODing